Banana & Cinnamon Smoothie!
- 1 banana (frozen is better if you have one!)
- 2 cups Almond Milk (add more if it's too thick)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brewers yeast (get from a health food store - be careful because this stuff is gross!! don't use too much!)
- 1 tbsp flax 1 tbsp/scoop of Happy Way Vanilla Protein powder (safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding as told by Happy Way) if you don't have any then 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Add ice for a nice cool smoothie then blend
Want our Happyway discount code!?
Grab 10% OFF STOREWIDE
Happy Way storewide by using our code "HAPPYTMB"
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
- 500g lamb or beef mince
- low fat 2 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Frozen Vegetables (Carrots, corn, & peas)
- 1 can diced tomatoes or the healthiest can of tomato based sauce you can find (look for as fewer ingredients in the can as possible)
- Himalayan Salt
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut
- 1/4 cup low fat milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puff pastry for the top (optional - remove this for a healthier version)
- Grated Cheese (Also optional - remove this for a healthier version)
- Put your oil of choice in the frying pan and dice up and cook your onion until it starts to brown
- Mean while boil your sweet potato chunks in water and pre- heat your oven to 200 degrees
- Add your lamb or beef mince and garlic
- Once your meat has cooked through add your frozen vegetables, canned sauce or diced tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce and cover the lid while it simmers so the frozen vegetables thaw.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and vegetables are thawed remove both from pans.
- Transfer your meat mixture into a baking tin and drain your sweet potato and add your milk and butter then mash.
- Once you have mashed into a smooth texture, add this topping onto your meat mixture and add cheese (optional).
- Put a layer of your puff pastry over the top of your shepherd's pie ensuring all of the tin is covered and bake in the oven for 25-30minutes or until the puff pastry as turned golden and crunchy or until your cheese has melted.
- Cut into pie size slices and serve!
No-bake Chocolate Weetbix Slice
prep 7 mins
- 5 Weetbix, (Weetabix or Wheat Biscuits)
- 1 Cup Dates (pitted)
- 1/2 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Cup desiccated coconut
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 40g dark chocolate (optional - I use 70% cacao chocolate)
- Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor
- Blitz until comes together into a ball (takes 3-5 mins)
- While food processor is doing its magic line a loaf tin with baking paper If you have chosen to use dark chocolate on the top, you can also get this melted. I either use a double boiler, or for a small quantity like this I do short 30 second bursts in the microwave on 50% power)
- Press the mixture into the loaf tin Top with the melted chocolate (or I like to press half the mixture into the tin, add half of your melted chocolate as a layer, press the rest of your mixture on top then finish off with adding the rest of your melted chocolate on top)
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs (or put straight into the freezer for an hour to set)
Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or freeze
Recipe from https://mykidslickthebowl.com
Healthy Oatmeal & Banana Muffins! (no flour, no sugar, no oil!)
Makes approx 12 muffins
Looking for a quick, easy and healthy snack! Look no further! These delicious muffins are incredibly easy to make and the oats are even great to help boost milk supply!
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 2-3 Bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- A handful of coconut flakes for mixture with a little sprinkle on top once batter is in the tray.
- 3/4 cup milk (low fat, coconut or almond milk preferred)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Muffin tin
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees and lightly oil your muffin tray with coconut spray or oil or use muffin wrappers.
- Mash bananas well so that there is no lumps, I like to put them in my nutri-bullet with the milk.
- Poor in all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Optional: add other dried fruit or apple pieces.
- Use a mixer to get a smooth texture.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tin and fill up each section as big as you want the muffin to be (they will not rise much at all)
- lightly sprinkle each tops with coconut flakes.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
Easy Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Parmesan Cheese
Makes 12 pieces
This recipe may not be the healthiest of healthy but if you're a major sweet potato fan like myself then you will love it as a delicious lunch or snack for you or your children!
Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Parmesan Cheese are crispy and buttery on the outside, while soft and sweet on the inside, making way for one of the best ways to eat a sweet potato!
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Parsley, fresh
- 4 Sweet potatoes medium
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Spray of olive oil, light
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Pre-heat your oven to broil (or grill) settings to high heat. Trim off the ends of the sweet potatoes. Cut each sweet potato into quarters (or 1 1/2 - inch pieces).
Boil Method: Place sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil; cook, covered for 20 -25 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain well.
Roast Method: Bake sweet potato pieces for 25-30 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Allow to cool for about 5 minted, or until you can handle them without burning your hands.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray. Arrange sweet potatoes onto the sheet and use a fork to LIGHTLY flatten each piece (they will be soft, so try not to press too hard or they will end up breaking and mashed).
- Mix together the butter, garlic and parsley. Pour the mixture over each sweet potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lightly spray with olive oil spray.
- Broil (or grill) until they are golden and crispy (about 15 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
To Serve: Season with a little extra salt and parsley, and serve immediately.
Recipe by cafedelites.com
Stuck for dinner tonight?
Want to make something healthy and easy?
I eat a lot of whole food meals and here's one of my go to dinners!
(you can add sun-dried tomatoes, bacon.. whatever you like as the stuffing)
Spinach & Feta Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
Prep Time: 10min - Cooking time: 25mins
- Free range chicken breasts
- Feta cheese
- Sweet Potato
- Pre-heat your oven to 200degrees
- Slice horizontal slits in chicken breasts with a knife (don't slice all the way) and stuff a handful of spinach and feta inside. (use toothpicks if you can to hold ingredients inside of the chicken breast)
- Combine 1-2tablespoons of coconut or olive oil and 1 clove of garlic with salt and pepper into a bowl and stir around, then rub it off all your stuffed chicken breasts.
- Put chicken breasts in the oven and turn down to 180degrees (they will take about an hour)
- Fill up a saucepan with water and bring to a boil for your sweet potato mash. peel and cut up your sweet potato (doesn't matter how you cut it) and put it in the boiling water, cook for about 25-30mins.
- To serve, drain your sweet potatoes and add a dash of milk and/or butter and mash.
- Remove toothpicks from your chicken breasts and serve with just sweet potato or add more spinach onto your plate.
Easy peasy! xx
(Hint - Prepare extra for your lunches the following day!)
Please don't ask me what the nutritional scale is or how many calories this recipe contains, I wouldn't know.