Stuck for dinner tonight?
Want to make something healthy and easy?
I eat a lot of whole food meals and here's one of my go to dinners!
(you can add sun-dried tomatoes, bacon.. whatever you like as the stuffing)
Spinach & Feta Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
Prep Time: 10min - Cooking time: 25mins
- Free range chicken breasts
- Feta cheese
- Sweet Potato
- Pre-heat your oven to 200degrees
- Slice horizontal slits in chicken breasts with a knife (don't slice all the way) and stuff a handful of spinach and feta inside. (use toothpicks if you can to hold ingredients inside of the chicken breast)
- Combine 1-2tablespoons of coconut or olive oil and 1 clove of garlic with salt and pepper into a bowl and stir around, then rub it off all your stuffed chicken breasts.
- Put chicken breasts in the oven and turn down to 180degrees (they will take about an hour)
- Fill up a saucepan with water and bring to a boil for your sweet potato mash. peel and cut up your sweet potato (doesn't matter how you cut it) and put it in the boiling water, cook for about 25-30mins.
- To serve, drain your sweet potatoes and add a dash of milk and/or butter and mash.
- Remove toothpicks from your chicken breasts and serve with just sweet potato or add more spinach onto your plate.
Easy peasy! xx
(Hint - Prepare extra for your lunches the following day!)
Please don't ask me what the nutritional scale is or how many calories this recipe contains, I wouldn't know.